Questions & Suggestions & helpfile bug?

Discuss RoboTask here
ronny

Post by ronny »

Helpfile little "bug"
- It's not really a bug and it may even be discussed earlier (?)
In the helpfile under "Tasks Commands" => "Wait for Task" / "Stop Task" the description is missing...at least in my version it is missing (v2.03)
Questions:
- If I put a textline into a Variable e.g. {TEST} which contains "this is a test" and I put the Variable in to a new textfile then the output of the new textfile is:
"this"
"is"
"a"
"test"
The spaces in the text are seen as new lines(?) How can I avoid this? Is there any other way I can put a line of text within one variable without the spaces beeing seen as a new line (enter)

- Are there any links about the scripting language plug-in used in robotask?
- brackets seem to have problems to when putting them into a variable e.g. {TEST} = (05:10) is dsiplayed as 05:10 in a textfile, is there a way to get the brackets displayed as wel as it's contents?
Suggestions:
- When making a new task, it would be really handy if one could copy a part of a task e.g. "SendKeys task" to another task.
- When one exports the tasks It would be really appreciated to export it with the subfolders created in RoboTask. And Vice versa (If one would re arrange the created tasks in on their HD in different folders then when importing it with those folders created in robotask would be nice)
- The “Window” options doesn't work 100%, it does not recognise windows 100% this should be fixed, but this is discussed in another topic but I wanted to mention it again because this is one of the main reason I don’t want to switch from my other Macro program (wintask).
- A mouse recording option / playback (including clicks) would be a great boost!
- Sync a task on a changing colour on the screen, this may sound a little crazy. But if I could start a task that would be triggered by a colour change on a given coordinate on the screen would be great!  (I’ve seen this in many macro programs and wintask takes this even a few steps further!!)
- is there a key combination that stops all tasks without asking for confirmation, something like CTRL + X but withou the "stop tasks" / "kill tasks" button on the top right...
Finally:
I would REALLY want to switch to your program because of it’s simplicity in the User Interface and the power below the simplicity!!
BUT the following deters me from switching over:
- the variable problem (discussed above)
- windows recognition not 100% (discussed in other topic)
- mouse movements and clicks / triggering task on based on colour change on screen (coordinate).
Please forgive me for putting this in one topic and for the bad English and if it may seem rude. I really think this program has much much more potential with just a few extra additions!
Last edited by ronny on Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

> - If I put a textline into a Variable e.g. {TEST}
> which contains "this is a test" and I put the
> Variable in to a new textfile then the output of the
> new textfile is:
[Skipped]
> - brackets seem to have problems to when putting them
> into a variable e.g. {TEST} = (05:10) is dsiplayed as
> 05:10 in a textfile, is there a way to get the
> brackets displayed as wel as it's contents?
Can you send me these tasks in order I can learn more about your troubles? My email is oleg @ robotask.com

> - Are there any links about the scripting language
> plug-in used in robotask?
No, we didn't publish "plugin interface", because it is sufficient complicated.