wait for file size!

Discuss RoboTask here
oliver2000

wait for file size!

Post by oliver2000 »

Hi,

I want to upload a file form a folder to my server! this works fine with the File Monitor so far. I only have one problem. The upload starts when the file arrives in my source folder and the task is not wating until the file was complete copied into the folder.
i use a video convert software which starts to convert the new file in my source folder, this can take up to hours. I want the Robotask to act only after this NEW file is finished and dont gets bigger anymore.
thanks for any help
Oliver2000
BrianSmith

wait for file size!

Post by BrianSmith »

My suggestion would be for your file monitor to only monitor files in your specified folder with a particular extension, for example *.avi files. Then I would set a RoboTask to trigger when your video convert software is finished converting the file somehow. Do this by either starting the application with RoboTask and converting your file and waiting for the application to finish or by getting your convert software to close its window or somehow open a window to say it is finished. Just something that RoboTask can trigger a task from. Then get this task to rename your file from "movie.tmp" to "movie.avi" and your file monitor task will then see the new file and it will be finished converting ready to FTP. "movie.tmp" is just example of what you might get your video software code to output so that the file monitor task doesn't get triggered. Or you could just get the task that is waiting for your video convert software to finish to copy the file from a temp folder to the folder that your file monitor task is monitoring. I hope this make sense or at least gives you some ideas.
Last edited by BrianSmith on Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.