Preserving Folder Names Inside Zips...

Discuss RoboTask here
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Without creating a zip that exracts a folder hierarchy all the way back to the root directory.
Is this possible?
All I'm trying to do is zip a bunch of files into a date folder/zip and email them.  However, since I can't find any way to use a variable as an attachment name, I thought that perhaps I could make due with zip files (all of the same name, of course) that extract to a DATE folder with the files inside.
I created a date folder, moved the files into it, and then have tried zipping it.  I get either NO FOLDERS at all, or ALL THE FOLDERS all the way back to the root directory.  Is their any work around that will make this work around work?  At this point, it's begining to feel like Robotask was designed from the ground up to prevent people from zipping and emailing things in dated folders (which ironically are one of the most important inputs to most automated file management systems).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If you want to create ZIP archive with folder hierarchy (but not from root folder), you may insert "Change folder" action before "Pack files".
For example:
1. Change folder to "c:\Temp\MyFolder"
2. Pack the files "*.*" including subfolders and store to "c:\MyArc.zip"
The folder hierarchy on ZIP will be stored from "c:\Temp\MyFolder", not from root.

If you pack files "c:\Temp\MyFolder\*.*" including subfolders, the folder hierarchy on ZIP will be stored from root.