Dedicated Task File

Discuss RoboTask here
John22

Dedicated Task File

Post by John22 »

Ok i've go this great software but, ive been having some problems trying to figure out how to keep a dedicated file im running...from being unrun and just ran one time only.
What i wish to do is Run a file task,monitor the window and checks every min if the application is running or if it has an error and close that error and relauch the task by its self..and detect also if the window is active or its close to relauch the task over and over if the task is not running..but without launching 50 windows of the same task..its only to maintain that task "application" from being dedicated incase of an error or closed and that it will relauch its self incase that haps.
Is there a way i can keep this file from being closed or being shut down by an error?
I just want to make this application relauch its self if it find that its down or has an error
If anyone can give me some feedback or a sequece i can use to do this would help alot and for others
thanx again
John
Oleg
Site Admin

Dedicated Task File

Post by Oleg »

I think that you must have two tasks:
1-st task checks window presence, and launch your application if window doesn't exist.
2-nd task checks presence of window with error, and tryes to shutdown your application by sending keystrokes or window command.
Both tasks can be started by "Cyclic" triggering event every 60 sec (for example).
Last edited by Oleg on Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.