Help extracting information from html files in the same fold

Discuss RoboTask here
Almogaver

Help extracting information from html files in the same fold

Post by Almogaver »

Hi, I have been reading the forum and searching the web but I can't find a specific case like the one I need.
What I would like to do is:
1) Have robotask look at the different .html files that are in the same folder (and they will always be in that folder), these files only share in common that they are html but the name is different between all of them.
2) Detect the content of a column and if that number is greater than a threshold that I determine, it extracts information from other columns.
3) Create a file .txt in that same folder with the name of the file and the filtered contents of each one of the columns of the files that have passed the threshold filter.

Thank you very much in advance and for your time. Happy weekend!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Help extracting information from html files in the same

Post by Oleg »

1) Have robotask look at the different .html files that are in the same folder (and they will always be in that folder), these files only share in common that they are html but the name is different between all of them.
You can do this in the File loop. HTML file is the simple text file with HTML syntax.
2) Detect the content of a column and if that number is greater than a threshold that I determine, it extracts information from other columns.
What header? What column? I need the example to tell some more.
HTML file is the text file and you can analyze (or parse) it by using regular expressions or string actions
3) Create a file .txt in that same folder with the name of the file and the filtered contents of each one of the columns of the files that have passed the threshold filter.
Of course you can make the list of files by your criteria and save it to file
Oleg Yershov