Connect to Network Share with Credentials

Discuss RoboTask here
paraffin

Connect to Network Share with Credentials

Post by paraffin »

Hi

I need to manage and move files from a Network Share that I need to login with a specific account in a different Windows Domain rather than the ones the Network Service is running under.

What is the best way to achieve this and can I hold the credentials in RoboTask?

Cheers
David
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Connect to Network Share with Credentials

Post by Oleg »

Hm-m-m...
Maybe the action Run Program as User can help you

You can run such command line:
cmd.exe /c copy <source_file_from_network> <local_folder>
Oleg Yershov
paraffin

Post by paraffin »

Thanks Oleg, I actually decided to use Windows Credential Manager which is working perfectly and I can then securely store the credentials and just use the built in Actions
pwildman

Post by pwildman »

Paraffin, can you explain how you used credentials manager to get around your problem? I think it might help me with my problem of not being able to open files or folders on my network drives while running RoboTask as administrator.
Danarlidge

Post by Danarlidge »

I, too, had issues with accessing a network share from within Robotask tasks; the workaround for me was to create a local account on the machine that the RoboTask service is running from with the same username and password (the network share is being shared from a non-domain joined system, so local accounts only) I then set the logon parameters within the RoboTask Service manager, and this worked for me.

I also had to use the full UNC path, not the mapped network drive path. But this wasn't a problem. I just typed the full UNC path.

Not sure if this was the right way to do it but I thought I would share my workaround!