Refresh bug?

Discuss RoboTask here
kunkel321

Refresh bug?

Post by kunkel321 »

Maybe a bug, or maybe I'm doing something wrong... If I have a Task with so many steps that they do not all fit vertically in the window, then I have to scroll up and down to access the top and bottom steps. This is normal. However I think that whenever the list "refreshes" (redraws?) it always scrolls to the top step (step #1). This is a problem if I am working on the bottom steps. For example if I move a step up or down that is near the bottom, I cannot see its position.... RoboTask only shows me the top items. It would be better if RoboTask preserved the vertical location of the list contents.

Hopefully this description makes sense. I can try to post a screen cast, if that helps.
-steve
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Refresh bug?

Post by Oleg »

Thank you for the report.
Already fixed. >>>Download latest release (7.8.6), please<<<
Oleg Yershov
kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Yes, fixed. Many thanks!
kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Hi Oleg,
I think this refresh issue might be happening again... Sort of.
To replicate:
-Have a task with many steps (for example mine has 93, so it scrolls up/down).
-Scroll all the way to the bottom.
-Choose a step that is (for example) 5 steps from the bottom.
-Open the step and close it again.

RoboTask will scroll so that the recently-opened step is at the exact bottom of the window, rather than going back to how you had it (which was scrolled to the bottom).

I think it would be better to have the list of steps go back to the "scroll position" that I had put it at. Perhaps there is a way to program it so that RT remembers the percentage of scroll, then restores it when the list of steps is refreshed? For example RT detects that a step has been opened, so it remembers, "The user was at a scroll position 87% down from the top, so I will restore 87% down when the step is closed..."