Pop-up workflow

Discuss RoboTask here
tcarvalho

Pop-up workflow

Post by tcarvalho »

Hello all,

I am looking for some suggestions/input on how to remedy a pop-up workflow/logic to incorporate into Robotask. I tried using the triggering event to have the pop-up closed (using the exact match function) however since the pop-up window generates the same name as the software application, it closed the program instead. I then tried using the window selection and seemed to work however now it's not recognizing that a window is present (and stopping further action until closed) until 10-20 steps later. I also tried incorporating longer delay/pauses thinking that maybe the window wasn't being recognized quick enough, but after moving the delay out to 20+ seconds I am still receiving the same issue. Once it finally recognizes the window, it will run a basic/separate error handling task to move the mouse to specified coordinates and click ok to close the prompt, and then continue running the main task. This pop-up that occurs does not happen every time, only when there are no items available in the action that is being performed. I have been trying to figure out how to have Robotask acknowledge the pop-up, stop where it's at on the task, close the pop-up, and then finally resume.

Looking forward to any ideas.

Thanks for reading!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Pop-up workflow

Post by Oleg »

I recommend you to use Window Caption and Class name when you detect pop-up window. Most likely the popup has a different window class
I have been trying to figure out how to have Robotask acknowledge the pop-up, stop where it's at on the task, close the pop-up, and then finally resume.
If your Pop-up has some specific element you can try to use Find an Element by Image action
This action is in Mouse group, but it is universal. You can determine if the required element exists on the screen or not. (look on additional parameters of the action)
Oleg Yershov
tcarvalho

Post by tcarvalho »

Oleg wrote:I recommend you to use Window Caption and Class name when you detect pop-up window.
On the second setup I tried using these settings and I'm having the same issue. It will only take action on the window after it runs through 10-15 steps in the list. Is the triggering event tab the correct process for this or do I need to add a step to the main task for checking for this window?
tcarvalho

Post by tcarvalho »

I was able to just use the "Window command" as a step in the action list to check for this pop-up to resolve the issue I am having. Thank you for your assistance/response!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

... Is the triggering event tab the correct process for this or do I need to add a step...
At Triggering Evens tab you can add or edit triggers which launches the task.
Each trigger can start the task only.
Oleg Yershov
tcarvalho

Post by tcarvalho »

Thanks for this info, regarding the triggering events: I am trying to set a scheduler to the task. I set the parameters out a few minutes ahead due to wanting to test full functionality however the task never ran. The task is enabled and the scheduler is enabled as a triggering event. The task remained idle when the scheduled time happened. Any reason why this would not be working for my task?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Please check the option Tools -> Enable automation
Also I want to see your task. Maybe some parameters of Scheduler are incorrect
Oleg Yershov
tcarvalho

Post by tcarvalho »

Oleg wrote:Please check the option Tools -> Enable automation
Thank you Oleg, somehow this was turned off. I enabled this setting and the scheduler is working now!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

When automation is OFF (global setting) RoboTask stops all triggers. So you can start the task manually only
Oleg Yershov