Running task when disconnected

Discuss RoboTask here
BumbleBee

Running task when disconnected

Post by BumbleBee »

Hi,

I recently read a topic that was similar to the issue I have been facing. This is regarding running a "Task" even when the user is disconnected. The task open's a file and it then has action steps that include numerous keystrokes. In addition, we only want the task to run when the file watcher is "activated". The task works when I am connected and it even works when I am not connected BUT it stops at a certain point during the process and or doesn't follow the work flows as expected. I'm curious if the keystrokes we have established in the task are not compatible when I'm logged off the server.

Any insight would be appreciated. Please let me know if additional information is needed.

Regards.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Running task when disconnected

Post by Oleg »

Send keystrokes and mouse actions does not work in locked/disconnected session.
System ignores mouse and keyboard simulation in this case.
This is the property of system security.
You can't fix it

You have to avoid any interactive actions if you want to use the task in locked/disconnected session or in system service mode
Oleg Yershov
Rukbunker

Re: Running task when disconnected

Post by Rukbunker »

Just my 2 cents: I never have this problem because we don't disconnect. We take over the Robotask machine with VNC and works like a charm. When you disconnect VNC, the Robotask "Windows user" itself stays connected. Already 4 years without trouble ;)