Email Setup Using Exchange Server

Discuss RoboTask here
chris.james

Email Setup Using Exchange Server

Post by chris.james »

Hello, I have just recently started using RoboTask on a 30 day trial with the full intent of purchasing it if I can use it to help me automate some things.
One of the things I want to be able to do with it is to automatically attach a file to an email and send it out daily. However, the email account I need to use is an exchange email account and I can't figure out how to configure RoboTask properly to use this email account.
Typically when I set this email account up on a new device - I have to do some advanced configurations to add a domain and server name, etc. Thank you for your help!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Email Setup Using Exchange Server

Post by Oleg »

RoboTask can send and receive email messages directly by using SMTP (for sending) and POP3 or IMAP (for receiving) protocols.
You have to read documentation for your exchange server how to turn on email protocols for another email clients (email applications)
Also you should know connection parameters to your email server.
...I want to be able to do with it is to automatically attach a file to an email and send it out daily...
To attach some file to the message enough specify the file name in Attachments field of Send Email action
Oleg Yershov
PetApp

Re: Email Setup Using Exchange Server

Post by PetApp »

Oleg wrote:RoboTask can send and receive email messages directly by using SMTP (for sending) and POP3 or IMAP (for receiving) protocols.
You have to read documentation for your exchange server how to turn on email protocols for another email clients (email applications)
Also you should know connection parameters to your email server.
...I want to be able to do with it is to automatically attach a file to an email and send it out daily...
To attach some file to the message enough specify the file name in Attachments field of Send Email action
Oleg, thanks for this answer, I had the same question!