Can Robotask run when Desktop PC is logged off?

Discuss RoboTask here
elwayfan446

Can Robotask run when Desktop PC is logged off?

Post by elwayfan446 »

Hello,

I have an issue where my work PC is rebooted during the weekend each week. The problem is that if I have a task that is scheduled to run and the PC is logged out, it gets skipped. From what I have been reading, I thought running the service in the background would run the tasks if the PC was logged off but that doesn't appear to happen. Am I setting that up wrong or is there another way to do this?

Thanks!
paraffin

Re: Can Robotask run when Desktop PC is logged off?

Post by paraffin »

If you have setup the service have you moved the tasks over to the service?

Once you have setup the service you have to use the "Remote > Connect to" menu and then enter the server and port number to connect along with windows creds
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have an issue where my work PC is rebooted during the weekend each week. The problem is that if I have a task that is scheduled to run and the PC is logged out, it gets skipped.
You can install RoboTask system service.
Read more about service mode here also read related chapters.
Once you have setup the service you have to use the "Remote > Connect to" menu and then enter the server and port number to connect along with windows creds
Yes. RoboTask service has an empty set of tasks by default. You have to create or import necessary tasks to service.
Also pay attention that all tasks with interactive actions (Send Keystrokes, mouse actions) have no effect in service mode

You can set necessary initial parameters of service by RoboTask Service Manger
Oleg Yershov
bford@vpi-i.com

Post by bford@vpi-i.com »

Can you please explain this in more details, i think am missing something.

When i connect using the Remote > Connect to" menu and then enter the server and port number to connect along with windows creds i can see 2 trees

Local task
and
ServerName:5500

the same tasks are in both but how do i tell robotask to run a task i have created as a service

Brian
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It seems you connected RoboTask app to itself. It is possible.
RoboTask service has port 5501 by default
Oleg Yershov