Upgrading from v6.2 (6.2.0.859) to v7.1

Discuss RoboTask here
Willf

Upgrading from v6.2 (6.2.0.859) to v7.1

Post by Willf »

Hi

The current version of Robotask that I'm using is v6.2 (6.2.0.859) and it is running great. However, I recently realised it does not support certain features I need (eg, private certificates for SFTP Log On).

Accordingly, I will be buying v7.1 shortly. Just wanted to get a sense of whether there is anything I need to know to make the upgrade process go smoothly, as I have a lot of mission critical tasks running in v6.2 that will need to function on v7.1.

In particular, I wanted to ask whether it will be as simple as uninstalling the prior version of the Robotask and then installing the new version - ie, does the uninstall process keep tasks/actions/variables/user data that will be recognised by the v7.2 install? Or should I be doing some kind of export/backup process prior to the uninstall/install?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from v6.2 (6.2.0.859) to v7.1

Post by Oleg »

Accordingly, I will be buying v7.1 shortly.
It's enough to purchase only "1 year of free updates"
I have a lot of mission critical tasks running in v6.2 that will need to function on v7.1.
You can try these tasks on another computer or virtual machine without problems.
In any case the backup of your tasks is never superfluous.
n particular, I wanted to ask whether it will be as simple as uninstalling the prior version of the Robotask and then installing the new version...
It's not necessary uninstall your version. You can install new version over your current version.
Uninstall program doesn't remove your tasks. But, in any case the backup of your tasks is never superfluous.

To backup you tasks you can only copy all files in task folder to new location.
Also read this and this to get more information.

You always can download previous version of RoboTask from our site: http://robotask.com/download/oldversions/
Oleg Yershov