Wait for pixels stalls when monitor is off (Win10/DP1.2)

Discuss RoboTask here
snowseals

Post by snowseals »

I've made a script that I want to run during the night (when I've put my monitor off, using the hardware button on the device).

But by doing so, the script won't run further/stalls @ the 1st Wait for pixels-command.
I've implemented audio-samples of step 1,2,3, etc., hence I know exactly where it fails to go through.

When I turn the monitor on again, I see what's causing this:
the script will run Firefox (step 1), then waits for a pixel on a site (step 2), but this internal site (192.168.8.1/home.html) won't load fully or show up fully.
But by turning on the monitor again, it detects this so the site will show up fully.
My bet: Windows 10 detects there is no monitor and so it won't put all the screen-info through.

The weird part is, when using this Windows 10 PC with a DVI-cable, it doesnt occur.
The script goes further, although monitor is off.

So it looks like a combination of DP 1.2 + Windows 10.

When I let the monitor set to on, obviously the script simply runs through.

This happens on Windows 10/Nvidia GTX card using a DisplayPort 1.2 cable.
I've tried to replicate it on a Windows 7-PC, different model of Nvidia GTX card using same DP1.2 cable, same monitor,
but here it doesnt stall.

Both PC's energy-scheme are set to High Performance, disabled the monitor to go off, disabled sleep-mode.

How do I disable this feature in Windows 10 on DP 1.2, so my script will run further?
snowseals

Re: Wait for pixels stalls when monitor is off (Win10/DP1.2)

Post by snowseals »

It's a common problem, see https://superuser.com/questions/630555/ ... completely and https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comm ... h=66ff0770
Not the prettiest solution, but this works without overheating the monitor, since I'm not blocking any outtakes. The common plastic trashbin bag gets static so it sticks to the front and slightly on top, see attach.
Attachments
vuiIniszak_IMG_4349 (Medium).JPG
vuiIniszak_IMG_4349 (Medium).JPG (156.08 KiB) Viewed 9167 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Wait for pixels stalls when monitor is off (Win10/DP1.2)

Post by Oleg »

Hm-m... Very interesting.
Thank you for the information.
Oleg Yershov