mail attaching automation

Discuss RoboTask here
msbtrp23

Post by msbtrp23 »

Hello! I am a sys admin in a small firm, and my users send me files in network shared folder say N:/FORSEND and they name the files an an adress for example:refer09@gmail.com.doc or 01inf23.xls and they call me by phone because only i have an access for intranet mail server wich uses Lotus Notes mail agent, so want to automate following task with robotask: 1)monitor the folder FORSEND  2)when any file appears there, get it's name without extansions 3)switch to Lotus Notes and create new note and attach the current file 4)and somehow paste filename without extansion into adress row and send ENTER key (to initialize distant server) 5)and move sent file to another folder called SENT------------------------------------------------------i tried to solve this routine with MouseRobot tool but i couldn'twhether it is possible to do it with RoboTask                                                                Thanx in advance!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

RoboTask is able to monitor specified folder to detect new files and send email directly without any mail agents.
If you want to keep the copy of email, you can specify your own address in CC field.
See this example. It sends email, attach new files to message, and move files into
another folder. Of course you need to change email parameters to desired (TO, FROM, SMTP)

Also you can see more simple example

Save the task as a file and use menu Task->Import in order to import into RoboTask
Last edited by Oleg on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
msbtrp23

Post by msbtrp23 »

Thanks!!! good example
Fred

Re: mail attaching automation

Post by Fred »

Hi Oleg,

I'm fighting with attachement email sending automation.
I checked the links you provided in previous discussion but got a 404 error.
Could you please send me or reply to this message with some samples ?

I try to list the files in a directory then pass this list to attach all the files to the email.
I need to send thoses files which are really small text files.

Thanks for advices,

Regards,

Frédéric
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I corrected liks
1-st example: Mail list of new files (File monitor demo) 2-nd edition.tsk
2-nd examle: Mail list of new files and attach files(File monitor demo).tsk

Also you can get more examples here: https://robotask.com/samples/

Save the text of the task to a file and use menu Task->Import to import the task into RoboTask.
Oleg Yershov
womentake

Post by womentake »

These examples are strongly helpful. Thank you for your sharing Oleg. You are really good mood!
There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks very much Oleg, it works perfectly.
I was thinking a variable could do the job but finally with the list file it is OK.

Thanks for your help and you fast answer.

Regards

Frédéric