Rebuild Acrobat files with correct size?

Discuss RoboTask here
ear-ache

Rebuild Acrobat files with correct size?

Post by ear-ache »

I'm considering proposing RoboTask as a solution to a customer that has an issue printing scanned documents stored as PDF. Sometimes the user who has scanned the document did not set up the scanner correctly so that letter-sized documents are scanned as A4. These are combined with other documents that are scanned as Letter resulting in a file with two different sized pages, albeit just a little off.
The problem comes when dropping the PDF directly on the printer. The printer sees two different page sizes and asks to load pages in two trays. What we'd like is RoboTask to open and save the files as one size (letter) thoughout the document.
Realize that we are talking about 100s to 1000s of documents a day so throughput and processing can be an issue. Will RoboTask do this and do it efficiently? Can you provide some examples of scripts?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Rebuild Acrobat files with correct size?

Post by Oleg »

Maybe some command line tool helps you?
Such as Coherent PDF Command Line Tools
If so, you easily can use RoboTask to automate the processing of your files in batch mode.
Oleg Yershov
Rukbunker

Re: Rebuild Acrobat files with correct size?

Post by Rukbunker »

ear-ache wrote:I'm considering proposing RoboTask as a solution to a customer that has an issue printing scanned documents stored as PDF. Sometimes the user who has scanned the document did not set up the scanner correctly so that letter-sized documents are scanned as A4.
Maybe a stupid idea, but can you not force the scanner to always scan in letter format? I mean: you're not eliminating the root cause of this problem.