printing problem

Discuss RoboTask here
tombur

printing problem

Post by tombur »

Hi. I have problem with printing *.tif files with robotask. In my system *.tif files are opened by program XnView but when I want to print with robotask then the *.tif file is opened with windows built-in image preview instead of print.
tombur

printing problem

Post by tombur »

is there any solution of this problem ?
Oleg
Site Admin

printing problem

Post by Oleg »

RoboTask uses only default program for printing. It only uses system function for printing document and the system automatically loads registered program for this document kind.
You have to specify desired program for TIFF files in your system.
In order to do this you can right-click on desired file (in windows explorer, of course), choose "Open with" | "Choose program"
tombur

printing problem

Post by tombur »

Oleg wrote:RoboTask uses only default program for printing. It only uses system function for printing document and the system automatically loads registered program for this document kind.
You have to specify desired program for TIFF files in your system.
In order to do this you can right-click on desired file (in windows explorer, of course), choose "Open with" | "Choose program"
I know that. I've specified program XnView to open TIFF files and when I double-click TIFF  it's opened by Xnview. When I want print with robotask then it is opened by Windows image preview function and doesn't print
Oleg
Site Admin

printing problem

Post by Oleg »

This means that XnView doesn't support shell command "Print".
I'm afraid if you want to print your TIFF in XnView you have to do standard operations:

1. Open TIFF document
2. Wait some time
3. Send some keystroke in order to get XnView to print opened document (Ctrl-P or another. See XnViev documentation)
4. Close XnView
tombur

printing problem

Post by tombur »

If so, then maybe I can find another program with support of this command. Thanks
tombur

printing problem

Post by tombur »

The program that solved this porblem is IrfanView and it can be done by  using command  C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe and parameter c:\file.tif/print in Run App/Open Document
Last edited by tombur on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.