help - run all exe files in a directory

Discuss RoboTask here
zlatch

Post by zlatch »

I need to create a task that runs all the .exe files in a given directory, one at a time. How is that done?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

No problem. Use "File loop" action.

algorithm is simple:

file loop by *.exe
Run program // current exe
end loop

see the example below:

;*****************************
;* RoboTask Task file       
;* Do not edit in text editor!

[Root]
ActionAfterRun=INTEGER|0
Actions=FOLDER
Automat=INTEGER|-1
CatID=INTEGER|1961495446
ContinueOnError=INTEGER|0
ExternalName=STRING|"Task28"
Hide=INTEGER|0
ID=INTEGER|631548151
Name=STRING|"File Loop..."
Priority=INTEGER|3
RunOnClose=INTEGER|0
RunOnStartup=INTEGER|0
ToLog=INTEGER|3
WriteGeneralLog=INTEGER|0

[Actions]
Action1=FOLDER
Action2=FOLDER
Action3=FOLDER

[Actions\Action1]
ActionID=STRING|"A_LOOP_FILE"
Enabled=INTEGER|-1
Name=STRING|"File Loop"
Params=FOLDER

[Actions\Action1\Params]
createmode=STRING|"1"
date1=STRING|"20080928"
date2=STRING|"20080928"
destvar=STRING|"C_EXE"
DuringDays=STRING|"1"
DuringMonths=STRING|"1"
file0=STRING|"C:\incoming\*.exe"
filecount=STRING|"1"
OlderDays=STRING|"1"
OlderMonths=STRING|"1"
savesize=STRING|"0"
searchkind=STRING|"0"
subdirs=STRING|"1"
timesize=STRING|"0"
WithoutPath=STRING|"0"

[Actions\Action2]
ActionID=STRING|"A_GENERAL_RUN_PROG"
Enabled=INTEGER|-1
Name=STRING|"Run ""{c_exe} """
Params=FOLDER

[Actions\Action2\Params]
program=STRING|"{c_exe}"
runas=STRING|"0"
wait=STRING|"0"

[Actions\Action3]
ActionID=STRING|"A_LOOP_END"
Enabled=INTEGER|-1
Name=STRING|"End Loop"
zlatch

Post by zlatch »

Ok, maybe my problem is a bit more complex:The files I'm trying to open automatically are .exe self-extracting files created by 7-zip. As such, they are unsigned, and windows pops up a warning asking me whether I want to run them, b/c they are untrusted.I've tried to create the following (I'll post the code in after):Step 1 - File loop by .exe, assigning the name of the current file to a variableStep 2 - run the file, using the variable from step 1 to identify itStep 3 - Focus on the window that pops upStep 4 - Send keystrokes to that window to tell it to run the file.Step 5 - End loopI've tried a few ways, but when I run the task, it opens the exe file, but it unable to communicate with the dialogue box that pops up. Here's the code, any suggestions?;*****************************;* RoboTask Task file         ;* Do not edit in text editor!;***************************** [Root]ActionAfterRun=INTEGER|0Actions=FOLDERAutomat=INTEGER|-1CatID=INTEGER|385352816ContinueOnError=INTEGER|0ExternalName=STRING|"Task1"Hide=INTEGER|0ID=INTEGER|325164413Name=STRING|"File Loop..."Priority=INTEGER|3RunOnClose=INTEGER|0RunOnStartup=INTEGER|0ToLog=INTEGER|3WriteGeneralLog=INTEGER|0[Actions]Action1=FOLDERAction2=FOLDERAction3=FOLDERAction4=FOLDERAction5=FOLDER[Actions\Action1]ActionID=STRING|"A_LOOP_FILE"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"File Loop"Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action1\Params]createmode=STRING|"1"date1=STRING|"20080928"date2=STRING|"20080928"destvar=STRING|"FRET"DuringDays=STRING|"1"DuringMonths=STRING|"1"file0=STRING|"C:\Program Files\Frets on Fire\data\songs\*.exe"filecount=STRING|"1"OlderDays=STRING|"1"OlderMonths=STRING|"1"savesize=STRING|"0"searchkind=STRING|"0"subdirs=STRING|"1"timesize=STRING|"0"WithoutPath=STRING|"0"[Actions\Action2]ActionID=STRING|"A_GENERAL_RUN_PROG"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"Run ""{FRET} """Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action2\Params]program=STRING|"{FRET}"runas=STRING|"0"wait=STRING|"0"[Actions\Action3]ActionID=STRING|"A_WINDOW_COMMAND"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"Focus window ""Open File - Security Warning"""Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action3\Params]action=STRING|"0"caption=STRING|"1"child=STRING|"0"class=STRING|"0"classexact=STRING|"0"exact=STRING|"0"findmode=STRING|"0"hidden=STRING|"0"processall=STRING|"0"wincaption=STRING|"Open File - Security Warning"[Actions\Action4]ActionID=STRING|"A_GENERAL_SENDKEYS"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"Send keys to active window"Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action4\Params]currentwindow=STRING|"1"fixedwindow=STRING|"1"keylayout=STRING|"67699721"keys=STRING|"{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}"sendkind=STRING|"0"wincaption=STRING|"Open File - Security Warning"[Actions\Action5]ActionID=STRING|"A_LOOP_END"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"End Loop"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I think you have to do this

1. Insert some pause after running of program
2. Insert "Wait for process" into end of the loop. Specify {FRET} as process name.
zlatch

Post by zlatch »

I tried your suggestions, but without success. According to the log, the task fails on Step 1 (Run "{FRET}") - because I click cancel when I'm prompted by my security warning. For whatever reason, Robotask is not running the next step, even though I'm telling it not to wait.Any thoughts?
zlatch

Post by zlatch »

OK - I changed my security settings so that this prompt doesn't come up, and I took out some of the steps in the task. Now I've got a new problem - my file loop keeps running the same file over and over again.;*****************************;* RoboTask Task file         ;* Do not edit in text editor!;***************************** [Root]ActionAfterRun=INTEGER|0Actions=FOLDERAutomat=INTEGER|-1CatID=INTEGER|385352816ContinueOnError=INTEGER|0ExternalName=STRING|"Task1"Hide=INTEGER|0ID=INTEGER|325164413Name=STRING|"File Loop..."Priority=INTEGER|3RunOnClose=INTEGER|0RunOnStartup=INTEGER|0ToLog=INTEGER|3WriteGeneralLog=INTEGER|0[Actions]Action1=FOLDERAction2=FOLDERAction3=FOLDERAction4=FOLDER[Actions\Action1]ActionID=STRING|"A_LOOP_FILE"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"File Loop"Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action1\Params]createmode=STRING|"1"date1=STRING|"20080928"date2=STRING|"20080928"destvar=STRING|"FRET"DuringDays=STRING|"1"DuringMonths=STRING|"1"file0=STRING|"C:\Program Files\Frets on Fire\data\songs\*.exe"filecount=STRING|"1"OlderDays=STRING|"1"OlderMonths=STRING|"1"savesize=STRING|"0"searchkind=STRING|"0"subdirs=STRING|"1"timesize=STRING|"0"WithoutPath=STRING|"0"[Actions\Action2]ActionID=STRING|"A_GENERAL_RUN_PROG"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"Run ""{FRET} """Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action2\Params]program=STRING|"{FRET}"runas=STRING|"3"wait=STRING|"0"[Actions\Action3]ActionID=STRING|"A_GENERAL_SENDKEYS"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"Send keys to active window"Params=FOLDER[Actions\Action3\Params]currentwindow=STRING|"1"fixedwindow=STRING|"1"keylayout=STRING|"67699721"keys=STRING|"{ENTER}"sendkind=STRING|"0"wincaption=STRING|"Open File - Security Warning"[Actions\Action4]ActionID=STRING|"A_LOOP_END"Enabled=INTEGER|-1Name=STRING|"End Loop"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

See my edition of the task below:

;* RoboTask Task file       
;* Do not edit in text editor!

[Root]
ActionAfterRun=INTEGER|0
Actions=FOLDER