Can I pass values from a batch file

Discuss RoboTask here
echegarayr

Post by echegarayr »

I need to use robotask with existing batch files, so I need to use (within robotask) values that are passed from a batch file.  Is this possible?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What values do you want to receive?
Maybe, better to write something into text file within batch file and read it in the task (see "text loop" action, for example).
Last edited by Oleg on Thu May 29, 2008 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
echegarayr

Post by echegarayr »

Hi Oleg,
This is the way I have it right now. I was just checking if there are some other options.  In addition,  my batch file is trying to run robotask by calling "C:\Program Files\RoboTask\rtaskrun.exe" $55ECF99B.  I even tried to use the CALL command and the batch file generated by robotask.  In both cases, I got a "task not found" message. 
Is there any other trick that I need to implement to run robotask from a batch file?

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Answer a couple of questions, please:
1. How do you use RoboTask, as service or aimple application?
2. Make sure that the task 55ECF99B.tsk is in the tasks folder ("C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\RoboTask\Tasks\")
dardreams

Post by dardreams »

Îëåã ó ìåíÿ òàæå ñàìàÿ ïðîáëåìà íå çàïóñêàþòñÿ çàäà÷è ÷åðåç áàò ôàéë, õîòÿ âñå ëåæèò â ïàïêå êîòîðîé âû óêàçëè
("C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\RoboTask\Tasks\")

Ñêàæèòå ìîæíî ëè çàïóñêàòü ýòè "Òàñêè" áåç óñòàíîâêè ïðîãðàììû, íå ìîãó ïîíÿòü äëÿ ÷åãî íóæåí RtaskRun ?
Åñëè ìîæíî îòâåòòüå ïîæàëóéñòà... ñïàñèáî çàðàíåå.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The task is a script in text format only. In other words it is the list of commands for RoboTask, not more.
Thus, you can't execute the task without installed RoboTask.

RTaskRun loads RoboTask (if necessary) and starts specified task by using built-in COM server of RoboTask
dardreams

Post by dardreams »

Õîðîøî, ÿ ïîíÿë, õîòÿ æàëü êîíå÷íî, ìíå êàæåòñÿ åñëè âàøà ïðîãðàììà ìîãëà ñîõðàíÿü íåçàâèñèìûå exe ôàéëû, îíà áûëà áû íåçàìåíèìà,õîòÿ îíà è òàê î÷åíü çàìå÷àòåëüíàÿ.
Ìîæíî åùå âîïðîñ.
ÏÎ÷åìó ÿ íå ìîãó êîïèðîâàòü ôàéëû ïî ñåòè
 ëîã âûõîäèò îøèáêà
E: 24.08.2008 18:55:19: An error occured. Step #2 (Copy/Move File).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

In service mode?

This was discussed earlier at our forum. See here (for example) :
If you want to access to network resources you must enter login parameters in RoboTask service (Menu Option | Settings , NT service tab) and restart service. If your parameters are correct the first message in RoboTask system log will be "Logon successful"
Also this information is in help file
Last edited by Oleg on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.