Help! Can’t get started!

Discuss RoboTask here
robertlb

Help! Can’t get started!

Post by robertlb »

Please help a newbie!    This seems real simple, but I can't get my second line of code to work in RoboTask.   I need to open a webpage and enter a user name into a form field.   I can open the webpage just fine, but none of my commands work after that.  I've tried using the Send Keystrokes command.    BTW, I'm using v3.0.
Can someone help get me started in the right direction?
Thanks,
Robert
Oleg
Site Admin

Help! Can’t get started!

Post by Oleg »

Sequence of actions or key-presses are depending on your web site you loaded. Therefore I can't give you exact example.
Also, pay attention, that you must make some pause in order to give browser some time for loading of page. Also you have to make some pause after sending the keystrokes.
robertlb

Help! Can’t get started!

Post by robertlb »

Yes!  That helped.  Thanks so much.  The problem was I wasn't pausing long enough.  I was pausing for 1000 ms which apparently wasn't long enough.  I bumped it up to 10000 ms and it worked like a charm.
Now that I've got that working, what's the best way to handle a pop-up dialog box with "Yes/No" buttons?  Specifically, what's happening is once I get to a certain page, I want to "Save" that page to a designated spot.  However, if the saved page already exists, I get a pop-up box asking if I want to overwrite the exsiting file. 
What's the best way to handle this situation?
Thanks,
Robert