Get log file name for task

Discuss RoboTask here
David W.

Post by David W. »

Hi,Is there a way to get the name of the log file (C:\RoboTask\Logs\) that corresponds to the running task?  Maybe at least make it one of the 'error task' parameters that are set.Someway I need to get the original log entry that was made in the original task log where the error originally occurred.  Now I am getting 'general error'.  And that is not descriptive enough.If I can get the name of the log file, I was going to parse it for the error descriptions that it inserted if an error occurs.Thank you.-David W.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The log of the task has the same name as the task file. The name of the task you can see at the title of the task editor. For example:
"Edit task (2347B8E3.tsk)"
This means that the log has the name "2347B8E3.log"

You can find log's and task's folders in the settings of RoboTask. Menu Options -> Setting. Also you can open these folders directly
David W.

Post by David W. »

Thank you for the information.Is there a built-in variable or way I can get this name (2347B8E3) while running a task?-David W.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

There are not such variables as yet.
We'll add them in next release.
Developer99

Post by Developer99 »

Believe it or not I just used this today.  However, I see there has to be a decimal to hex conversion of the {TaskID} which can be a challenge in RT as I see it.  It would be nice to have this hex value of the {TaskID} already in a variable for direct use of reading the log file.-David W.