Downloading a file behind a button

Discuss RoboTask here
hs1972

Downloading a file behind a button

Post by hs1972 »

Wondering if any users on the forum would be able to help.

I'm really new to robotask and am wanting it to download a file that is online behind a log in. The thing is it's a button that needs to be pressed rather than knowing what the exact URL is, which is how I've downloaded other files previously.

I think the button is javascript, and I can't see any URL in the source code, hence I'm looking to log on (which I can do) and then move the mouse cursor to the button and click to download the file. I'm using move to object and click left button but nothing's downloading. It says at the top of the dialogue box for move to object,' drag this text to the desired control'; well I have to do that in a browser window that I've opened up (the embedded browser I can't seem to keep onscreen to work with). I then delete what is in window caption, window class, control text and control class and then in the first two fields I use the variables {CurrentWindowCaption} {CurrentWindowClass}. The co-ordinates remain in the bottom six boxes and I don't have anything else ticked.

For the next action I use Click left button which is set to click.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's straight forward when you know how but the moment I can't see how to do this simple task!